Parasitic proof butterfly rearing cages. Parasite and parasitoid-proof cages are important because, tiny little parasitic wasp that love to lay eggs in chrysalids & caterpillars cannot get through the mesh cage. Some other benefits are:
- Breathable mesh cage keeps air flowing and humidity levels down
- Clean cage without disturbing chrysalises in a caterpillar cage
- Small caterpillars can’t escape tiny mesh holes
- Mesh sides can receive direct sun without ‘cooking’ the caterpillars
- No dangerous nooks and crannys like laundry hamper pop-ups
- Clean frass (poop) easily by lining the cage with paper towels
- Use as a rearing cage to release and raise butterflies or moths
- Use plain Lysol to clean cage between batches
- rinse off with hose, then sun dry.
- Allow to air dry overnight for next caterpillar brood
S 12" x 12" x 12"
M 15" x 15" x 15"
L 13" x 13" x 24"
XL 18" x 18" x 30"
If your product is damaged upon pickup, please contact us so we can give you a replacement.
Local pickup only! When you place your order at check-out we will get in touch with you to coordinate pickup. Products may only be shipped upon special request.